Tuesday 8 April 2014

Red shoes



I remember a dress I loved when I was a child, or to put it another way, a combination of clothes once my mother chose for me which I loved at first sight. That outfit would be used for my birthday party, when I was six or seven years old. That day I wore for the first time a pair of red shoes (my first red shoes!), stockings with lace and a green skirt with tights.

That day I felt really beautifull, it was so different from my other clothes!. I can't remember that birthday party too well, just the final part with my piñata and candies, but I remember looking at my new shoes and stockings while smiling. I'm glad my parents took many photos that day!!

Today, some years later, is my birthday again, and I couldn't help myself but to draw that dress I still associate with my birthday. It brings me good memories... and also "bad" ones. I remember how I didn't use those shoes too much, as their thin lace broke while I was playing outside some days later. I cried a lot that day. Those were my favourite shoes ever!! why those? Now, looking back, I can't help but smile.

Maybe today I'm not wearing a dress as special as that one, and maybe birthdays are not that special or exciting for me anymore, as I'm growing older, but here I'm looking for that little girl who was so happy that day about here birthday. It makes me feel glad for what I have, my family and friends. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that day, if even for a few minutes, to feel those emotions... but at the same time, I'm glad I'm starting to appreciate what is really important.

Be always by my side little Carmen and watch my back while I'm growing older. Hard times are coming but if I can look back for a little to you, while I'm down, I know I can keep going forward ;)

---

So, Happy Birthday to me!! and to celebrate, what about some books and a surprise cake (really it was a surprise, It's been many years for my last birthday cake :D)!!

Today is no day for worries, lets just enjoy!! Have fun and see you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment