Monday 16 September 2013

Long live!



Something different this time!! It's a fan art of Ponyo I drew to use as a strap together with others of my favourite Ghibli's characters.

Back then I wanted to try another way to color, so it was fun!

I thought about showing at least one here because of Hayao Miyazaki's retire from full-length animated films. I adore his films and he's an inspiration for me and many other artists (I really can't decide which one is my favorite). I hope all goes right for him now, and I can't wait to watch and buy his last film.

It makes me remember the present I received from some really good friends, it was "The Art of Howl's Moving Castle" in English. It's gorgeous, really inspiring and I could spend hours just taking a look at its illustrations and sketches. One of my favourite books for sure, together with the novel this film is inspired by, written by Diana Wynne Jones (RIP)

I feel like watching one of his films today! Maybe Chihiro's? I dunno!

See you tomorrow with a new illustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment