Friday 13 September 2013

YouTube and Odosketch

I have been thinking about to create a YouTube account for my work for a time, it specially came to my mind after finishing Photography, there I created a few videos I thought about posting there.

So, why not to give it a try? Here is my YouTube account. For now, I will post some old videos. I'll try to make something video-related once in a while when I get time :).

The first video I'm showing you there is a video I recorded recently from a page that disappeared last month (after eight years if I read correctly), I'm talking about Odosketch. I found this page back in 2009, and that's when I drew that illustration you can see in the video. There, you could draw using very few brushes and colors (each color had its own brush, also, each one with a different brush stroke) an eraser and nothing more, you could not go back if you made a mistake, just keep drawing. All your sketching process would be recorded to be reproduced, when saved the drawing, as a speed painting.

It was very interesting to see other people's work, how they worked, you could learn a lot that way. Sadly, I didn't use this for more than a year, I forgot about it till now that I got to know it was going to disappear.

It's one of the first I made there:




And here is its process:


It was a test to try the brushes a little, so it's quite short, but the rest I recorded are a little longer and detailed :).

Now I wish to have drawn more there, but I forgot about it, it's sad, it was very interesting to see how much you could using using very few and basic tools.

I will tell you when I post more videos there!! It's all for now. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment